About the Center
The Center for Consumer Recovery is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity.
Our goal is to improve the quality of life for our customers and ensure a more stable future for themselves and their families.
We work to reduce the financial stress on families. Financial stress is the leading cause of breakup of families and is a primary cause of spousal abuse, child abuse and substance abuse. Reducing financial stress will stabilize families and create opportunities for economic advancement.
We focus on helping consumers resolve delinquent consumer debt. We acquire delinquent consumer loans from banks and then restructure the debt in a manner that fits the economic situation of each consumer.
- We do not ever use litigation as a tactic and do not charge interest on any consumer account.
We help each consumer in ways that works to stabilize the family.
- We help find jobs and upgrade jobs. The service includes job search, resume writing, submission of job applications to employers, interview scheduling, interview rehearsal, reminders and follow-up.
- We intercede with other creditors to stop the phone calls, negotiate advantageous payment plans and discounted settlements of debt.
- We identify public and private social services to address family needs.
- We provide training in financial literacy and skills development to build confidence and self-esteem.
Our debt acquisition program is designed to create a self-funding philanthropy. Banks and other financial institutions sell their non-performing debt to CCR.
We build trusting relationships by assisting customers to improve their credit scores and debt-to-income ratios.
CCR is a non-profit organization. We have no stockholders or others who are entitled to the profits of the company. Funds we receive from customers are used to pay the cost of providing free financial recovery services to consumers. Any amount in excess of operating expenses is used to fund the other philanthropic activities of CCR. As CCR grows, our goal is to create a perpetual self-funding philanthropy that is not dependent on public or private donations to deliver services to consumers.
CCR operates with transparency to our constituencies. Our financial reports are available on request. Copies of our sponsored legislation and research studies are available to the public at no cost.
CCR invites and appreciates the donations of charitable foundations and the public as we build a unique model of advocacy for consumers.
Our core values are:
- Commitment to quality service and education
- Accountability to the public
- Commitment beyond the law
- Respect for diversity
- Transparency, integrity and honesty
- Accuracy, timeliness and follow through
- Responsible stewardship of resources
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals